It’s no secret that Social Media is continuing to register phenomenal growth. Social networking sites are continuing to innovate, and create more applications for use by both businesses and individuals. This post seeks to put some of this growth into perspective and to highlight the impact and the sheer numbers that are using social networking sites as well as the incredible possibilities for business branding, marketing and customer engagement.
- It took 38 years for the radio to reach 50 million people
- It took 13 years for TV to reach the same number of people , 4 years for the internet and only 9 months for Facebook to add 100 million people to its site.
- I billion iPad applications were downloaded in just 9 months
The Growth of Social Media
- According to Socialnomics.com, the fastest growing segment of social media in the USA is the 45 to 55 year olds.
- Usage of social network amongst the over 50 year olds doubled between 2005 and 2010 and is rising still.
- There was a rise of over 100% in usage amongst the over 65 year olds in Asia ,Europe and the Americas
- Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa registered the greatest growth of social media users in the past year.
What are older adults doing on Social networks?
- Keeping up with friends and family
- Hunting for people from the past
- Price comparison
- Seeking support , information and joining and networking with support groups for chronic illnesses and bereavement.
Why are Social networks for popular?
- Social Networking is Easy. Modern technology and web 2.0 standards have come a long way recently, making most social networks easier to use than email. This is why you see so many adults and elderly citizens on social networks these days.
- You can find Anybody on Social Networks. New search features combined with the ease of use have made it so incredibly easy to find someone who you may not have talked to in years.
- Online Social Networks have made the web exciting again. Many of the tools and toys that we are using in conjunction with our favourite social networking web sites are not new at all, but the ability to share photos, tag friends and comment in a manner that everyone can see and take part in has renewed the excitement that many of us felt for the first time when the internet was new to us.
- Social Networks Make Life Easier. Whether you are looking for a restaurant, a store, a hotel, a movie or looking to buy a product or service, social networks provide a common interface to search for and interact with fellow networkers and get feedback, opinion, and real human experience to help decide and act.
- Rapid Change & Development. We see MySpace, YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, and now Twitter providing new and improved ways for all of us to interact, collaborate, ask and answer questions. We will see more and more improvements and other changes within and outside of these social networking spheres of technology.
How have global brands joined the conversation?
- 79% of the largest companies on the Fortune 500 list are on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or Corporate blogs
- In the USA, 86% of the top 100 companies use at east one social network site.
- 65% of Global companies use Twitter
- 54% of Global companies have a Facebook page.
- 50% of these companies have a YouTube Channel
- 33% use Corporate blogs
How are companies engaging their customers and fans?
- 82% of brands with Twitter accounts tweeted an average of 30 tweets per week.
- 59% of companies with Facebook pages posted on their sites an average of 4 posts a week.
- 68% of companies on YouTube posted an average of 10 videos
- 43% of companies in the USA on Twitter responded to people’s tweets.
- Facebook with over 1 billion registered users
- Twitter with over 500 million registered users
- LinkedIn with over 170 million registered users
- MySpace has over 70 million users
- Google Plus has grown to over 5 million registers users
- DeviantArt prides itself with over 25 million subscribers
- LiveJournal has over 20 million users
- Tagged has 19 million subscribers
- Orkut has over 18 million users
- Pinterest is growing fast and has over 15 million users
What are people doing on the three most popular social networking sites?
courtesy of www.thesocialskinny.com/216 social media and internet statistics (September 2012)
- Each day Facebook users spend 10.5 billion minutes (20 000 years) on-line.
- An average of 3.2 billion likes and comments are posted each day.
- An analysis of 60 Facebook page campaigns reported a 49% return on investment
- 81% of LinkedIn users belong to at least one group.
- 42% of LinkedIn users update their profile regularly.
- 60% of LinkedIn users have clicked on an advertisement
- of the 500 million Twitter registered users, 142 million are active users
- More that 50% of Twitter users follow a company on Twitter.
- 79% of US Twitter users are more likely to recommend a brand they follow
- 67% of US Twitter users are likely to buy brand that they follow.
All of this can only mean one thing for businesses … JOIN THE CONVERSATION! Whether you know it or not, people are talking about you. Getting involved by responding to questions, opportunities, customer problems and issues is such a great way of marketing , branding and displaying your responsiveness and attention to customer service.